Functional Sports Nutrition
Functional Sports Nutrition blends the quantitative science of Sports Nutrition with the systems-biology-based model of Functional Medicine. FSN takes a step beyond conventional sports nutrition and seeks to understand the individuality of the athlete. Instead of focusing on a general approach based on textbook guidelines, FSN asks "why" and helps you get to the root of why you are not feeling or performing to the best of your ability.
Guess what? Approximately 77% of your immune system can be found in your gut! That is why it is imperative that you have a well functioning gut when you are trying to improve performance, cure disease, and decrease inflammation.
A functional approach to nutrition allows you to improve your health by utilizing specialized testing to dive deeper into nutrient deficiencies, gut health, and food sensitivities. FSN also takes into consideration genetics, lifestyle, environment and health concerns when helping you reach the next level of health and performance.
Maybe this is the best you have felt in a long time or maybe your health is at an all time low. Either way, FSN can take you where you need to go.
WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
- Increased energy and improved performance by means of strength, speed, endurance
- Improved quality of sleep
- Injury prevention/faster return to play
- Strengthened immune system
- Rapid recovery post workout
- Improved body composition
- Less stress around cooking and grocery shopping
- Cessation of digestive issues i.e. bloating, pain, diarrhea, constipation
- Improvement in migraines, joint pain, IBS, mood
- Clearer skin: potential reduction in acne, psoriasis, eczema
DId you know?
- Poor quality food can actually hinder performance and increase risk for disease
- What we eat can play a major role in metabolism
- It is still possible to have nutrient deficiencies despite eating a well balanced diet
- There is no such thing as the "right diet"
- More often than not, nutrition is the competitive edge an athlete needs to win and the solution to the chronic pain and inflammation many of us deal with every day